Connerly & Associates, Inc. provides full-service legislative and regulatory advocacy services at the state and local levels.
The strength of our advocacy services rests in our extensive research and understanding of our clients’ issues, our creative and exhaustive approach to developing effective and successful advocacy strategies, our experience and relationships with legislators and regulators, and our relationships with political and association allies.
Connerly & Associates, Inc. has successfully stewarded numerous legislative proposals from concept through the legislative process to signature by the governor, and has extensive experience in public testimony before legislative committees.
We have worked closely with state regulators during various regulatory processes to ensure that regulations promulgated recognize and meet the interests and needs of our clients.
Our staff also has decades of experience representing the interests of clients before local code enforcement officials, planning and zoning departments, and municipal governing boards.
We are eager to put our advocacy experience and knowledge to work for the benefit of new clients.
Advocacy services include:
• Review of all bills introduced into the legislature, and summary of bills relevant to client
• Ongoing monitoring and status reporting on bills of interest
• Preparation and distribution of bill position letters
• Meetings with legislators to discuss bill positions on key bills
• Testimony at legislative committee hearings
• Networking and alliances with other associations
• Planning and implementation of Annual Legislative Day at the Capitol events
• Proactive legislative advocacy –Drafting of client-sponsored legislation, selection of author, and stewardship of bill through legislative process
• State regulatory advocacy – Monitoring of state regulations and regulatory processes, representation at regulatory hearings, and reporting of regulatory status to client
• Local advocacy – Representation at local agency and governing body hearings
• Administration of Political Action Committee (PAC) funds and contributions, including research and recommendations on recipients